- How can you reach us?
You can reach us through multiple channels
Write to us on
- How can we financially contribute?
We do not accept donations/Zakah as part of our policy. If one wishes to contribute, one may do it by helping other individuals or organisations in creating profiles/features or by giving orders of important books meant for the guidance and betterment of humanity or community, which we can send to them or can distribute on their behalf.
- What are the criteria of categorisation?
The criteria are of course their achievements in various fields, the positions of eminence they already have and the potential of achieving eminence in future. But we will give a certain preference to those who are working in difficult areas, attract less media attention despite the beneficiary nature of their work, especially in the fields loved by God.
- Does it cover individuals only or organisations also?
The site will also carry out articles on the organizations working for Indian Muslims and the institutions created by Muslims. It will also cover mosques/dargahs/madrasas/imambargahs/communities/other important places.
- How can one get his profile generated?
Your profile will be a part of the website if you accept the conditions. You can contact the team in accordance with the contact details given on the website. We will request you to pay a certain amount as a contribution to the project, which involves huge expenditure. The amount will be decided after having a look at your CV through personal, on-phone or online talks.
Details required for generating a profile
2. Personal Profile:
Date of Birth
Hobbies and interests
3. Early Schooling and Higher Qualifications
4. Career Achievements
5. Positions held
7. Articles/lectures given
8. Social activities if any
9. Specific Suggestions for National Development
10. Specific Suggestions for Empowerment of Muslims if any
11. Message to the young Muslims
12. Future plans and ambitions
13. Memorable Photographs
14. Any links available on Net
15. Contact details to be made public
16. Contact details not to be made public
- What will be the impact?
1. A growing database of Muslims, world and Indian
2. Ideological Empowerment through presentation of statistics, viewpoints and debates
3. Socioeconomic empowerment through close cooperation between various groups
4. Unity for good objectives aimed at building a cleaner, healthier and more peaceful world
5. Developing a healthy leadership
6. Bringing new faces to the surface and unearthing new talents
7. Giving an opportunity to share ideas and concepts
- What are the categories?
• Living Legends
• Top Luminaries (Internationally and nationally renowned)
• (Academics, Professionals, Bureaucrats, Sportsmen, Artists, Media, Literature, Social activists, Religious scholars, Entrepreneurs, Politicians)
• Emerging Stalwarts
• Great achievers among NRIs and Foreign Nationals of Indian origin
• Notable achievers (Academics, Professionals, Sportsmen, Artists, Media, Literature, Social activists, Religious scholars, Entrepreneurs) 2000-5000
• Regional Achievers (Academics, Professionals, Sportsmen, Artists, Media, Literature, Social activists, Religious scholars, Entrepreneurs)
• New jobs/jobseekers
- Are there any principles that govern the website and any guidelines for the users?
This website and its proprietors and administrators do not support
1. Any kind of violence, related to any ideology, any community, any country, any motive including all forms of crimes, wars, civil wars, rebellion, sedition and terrorism; and induced violence like abortions on non-medical grounds and suicides;
2. Any campaign of hatred against any religion or community;
3. Any kind of obscenity – open or hidden;
4. Any practice considered “forbidden” in Islam.
The website promotes
1. Religious, moral and family values
2. Love with the whole mankind
3. Cooperation between all communities and groups on issues of common interest, and against vices of all kinds;
4. Love for mankind as well as native land
The website will in general promote universalism, respect of all religions, and good relations with other communities, and will not promote any activities considered Haram in Islam.
- Will there be other features?
The site will also have many other features including daily messages and news by the personalities about their latest achievements and views on different issues, links to their other activities and their literary compositions and coverage of events of diverse kinds. There will also be a space for comments.
- What is the purpose of creating such a website?
This site will be about the great living Muslims of India. This will help the worldmuslimpedia team of researchers in carrying out activities aimed at research on application of Islamic principles in the current world and empowerment of Indian Muslims at a larger scale.
Worldmuslimpedia.com will present the quality of work that Indian Muslims and Muslims of Indian origin are doing in diverse fields, and will also act as a database and a mode of communication between one another. It will focus on personalities and their work and achievements. Muslims are an integral part of Indian society and their needs are to be recognized and acclaimed if India is to develop as a unified nation.
These will not be simple profiles but a truly beautiful presentation of the entire personality of the achiever, which will be penned by highly qualified writers through personal conversations with the achievers. Memorable photographs will be added to make it comprehensive.
The aims of the project are:
1. To present the great personalities, achievers and newsmakers as role models for the coming generations; with special focus on activities that please God and help the mankind;
2. To recognize the work of relatively lesser known persons and make their achievements known to the larger audience;
3. To find out new talents and nurture their talents for the betterment of their own and for the betterment of society;
4. To equip the leaders and emerging leaders with latest information on ideological, global and national issues relevant to the world and nation as well as the Muslim Ummah;
5. To build up better relationships between different communities and sections of society;
6. To develop a network of right thinking and talented people of all ages;
7. To help people developing links for their businesses, academic and social works;