Dr Syed Mahar-ul-Hasan is one whose devotion, dedication and service to humanity have brought cheers to many faces and alleviated the plight of people in pain. When we talk of Bhopal, we cannot forget one of the biggest man-made disasters that engulfed tens of thousands of men, women and children. And when Bhopal tragedy will be discussed, Dr Hasan’s name will figure among those who worked day and night to bring succour to the victims. Having passed through such a colossal damage to life, it is no surprise that Global peace, good health standard, equal opportunity, dignity & love for all human beings through interfaith building & spirituality have become embedded in his vision. A Doctor of Philosophy, he has dedicated himself for defending human rights, social work initiative to address issues of marginalized communities, mission of making Bhopal should be Declare as city of peace & formation of peace circle through peace and interfaith building activities..Healing and saving of human lives by practicing methodology of alternative medicines is what he has been engaged in as part of his professional activities. His medical background has helped him serve the humanity in an effective way.
Born on 2ndAugust, 1954, he passed Higher Secondary in 1971–72 from M.P. Board of Secondary Education Bhopal. After graduation from Bhopal University, Bhopal, he did his Masters in Economics. in 1978 from Bhopal University, Bhopal. He became VAIDH in 1991 from Rajkiya Aurvedic avam Unani Chikitsa Parisad Bihar (Patna).and went on to do Ph. D (A.M.) from (Zorastrian College, Mumbai) in the year 2007 under the Open International University, Colombo, Shrilanka. Charter of Medicina Alternativa EHO Alma Ata (USSR). He got P.G. Diploma in Naturopathy and yogic Sceince in 2010 from Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodalaya Vishwavidyalaya Chitrakoot Satna (M.P).
Publication: HIV/AIDS Awareness Level Among Adolescent (English)
- Specialization in marketing Herbal & Alternative Medicines, worked as a Zonal Manager, North-West Zone INDIA, Sandu Brothers Pvt. Ltd., Bombay
- Promotion & Marketing of Allopathic Medicine with Multinational Pharmaceutical companies in Ranbaxy Ltd., ACE Laboratories Ltd., Uni-Sankyo LTD., and RISA Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd, as a marketing manager
- Undergone updating Nuclear Medicines and its applications for its diagnosis and therapeutics role in Rainbow Mednova diagnostic and Research Nuclear Medicine Centre, Nagpur.
- Director Sarah Institute for peace, education and research
- Thesis guide of Zoroastrian College, Mumbai & Center head Bhopal.
- Attended and Conducted various trainings , workshops and seminars on:
- Governance local self and rural, community based monitoring of PRIs, on their roles and functions, training on 73&74 ammendment.
- NGO Management and training on good governance practices.
- Pharmaceuticals Management.
- Training on Herbal Medicines & Ayurveda.
- Community Management and capacity building on women & child rights.
- Youths training and counseling on career and livelihood avenues.
- Right to information, promotion and guidance.
- Human Rights and Peace Initiatives.
- Worked as a director TI project of MP State AIDS Control Society.
- Director & Founder Member of United Reformers Organization Bhopal (URO), since 1983.
- CC Representative of United Religions Initiative (URI San Francisco — USA) for Central India (Ahle Aman Society AASS)
- Advisor URI North Zone, India.
- President Ahle-Aman Soceity, Bhopal.
- Ayog Mitra MP State Human Rights Commission.
- Core group member All India Secular Forum, Mumbai.
- Adviser — Nice Association for Education and Relief (NASER)
- Ex-vice-president Soceity for Rural Upliftmen Betul (SRUB)
- Life member of Red Cross Soceity.
- Tresurer — MPVAN — Voluntary Action Network Samiti, MP.
- Ex-member MP Waqf Board, Bhopal.
- Member of All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawrat, New Delhi.
- M.P Chapter head of association of Muslim professionals Mumbai.
- Member –MOEMIN-New Delhi.
- Ex Vice President SHRUB.Betul .M.P.
- Since 1983 serving gas victims of Bhopal (gas tragedy happened in 1984 by MIC gas leaked from Union Carbide Plant) through medical consultation of expert doctors, free medicines and counseling. A better change in mental and physical health status of gas victims seen.
- Under school health services monitoring program various govt. and private schools covered and health standards of student found improved by their health checkup as well as educated them about health and sanitation benefits.
- Community based monitoring of PRI ward members on their role and functions.
- Collector of Bhopal appointed as a nodal person for disaster management in Bhopal District.
- Awareness among rural and urban community developed on Right to Information Act and Panchayat Raj which improved the confidence of the community to ask for their basic rights.
- Worked as a program evaluator — TI Project Running under (NACO) M. P. AIDS Control Soceity, Bhopal.
- Ayog Mitra MP Human Rights Commission, Bhopal.
- Represented minorities and dalits issues for 12thfive-year plan of planning commission on India under “WADA NA TODO ABHIYAN”, New Delhi.
- Peace and interfaith building among people and promoting the cause — declare Bhopal city of peace, interacted with H H the Dalal Lama, peace envoy and Noble Prize winner during his visit to Bhopal.
GOVERNAMENT AND NON- GOVERNAMENT ORGANIZATIONS AND INSTITUTIONS
- M.P. human Rights Commission, Bhopal
- Right to Information Commission.
- Minorities Commission.
- Disaster Management Institute.
- Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM).
- Madhya Pradesh State AIDS Control Soceity
- International Waste Management Institute.
- Municipal Corporation, Bhopal.
- Nehru Yuva Kendra
- M.P. Red Cross Soceity.
- MP Waqf Board, Bhopal.
- Madhya Pradesh Swashan Abhiyan.
- Anjuman — I –Islam, Mumbai.
- PRIA Delhi.
- VANI, New Delhi
- AMP Mumbai & AMP Madhya Pradesh
- SAMARTHAN — Centre for Development Support
- Samavesh, Bhopal.
- Family Planning Association of India.
- Kss(NGO) Raisen ,M.P.